Monday, February 06, 2006

CAN Conquer CANcer

The blog contest promoted by Connexions, came to an end - actually a good time back - 2 weeks?!

And frankly, to my dismay, my entry didn't figure even in the special mention category.

I had decidedly been different in my approach towards the whole thing. Instead of lending a supporting hand to a cancer patient, I wanted him to stand on his own and beat it to death.

So, I had put in my entry in the form of a letter to a friend. It was rather cool, urging the guy to get up and face the world.

But when the results were out, I found that my post was too cool, in fact, it was rather cold. The humane touch was lost in the midst of the style and suaveness.

Nevertheless, I was really moved by the other entries, which own accolades. They really were touching, real and sensitive and without any touch of cosmetics.

The moral of the story is: Truth doesn't need glamour.

You can get to see the entries, which won the contest here.

No comments: